Why practice here? Why Nova Scotia's South Shore.
Our area is a compelling story for anyone trying to find a wholesome and rewarding work/life balance. A place to "practice" a wide range of interests and activities... a place where you can really put Living back into life!
There are so many stories to be told... so many reasons to be given. Each person who lives here would have their own reasons…A colourful history, rich traditions, and welcoming spirit, coalesce against a backdrop of natural beauty to make "here" connect with a wide cross-section of people. Many simply say "it feels like home."
For those considering locating here to live, work, and play. These are just a few of our many attractions:
- In terms of living, whether your taste is for a modernized historic home, new construction, or fixer-upper, real estate choices abound on the South Shore... and at affordable prices which often surprise newcomers to our area. Those who have always dreamed of living on a lake, river or ocean often discover that their dream could easily become a reality!
- New Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre with NHL size arena, aquatic centre, and public library
- Queens Place Emera Centre featuring an NHL size arena, walking track, fitness centre and community room
- The HB Studios Sports Centre with indoor Field turf playing area and walking/running track.
- Flexible school system with both AP and IB programming as well as a French School and Waldorf School
- Miles and miles of beaches and rugged coastline along with numerous rivers and lakes ideal for kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and powerboating.
- An excellent variety of sailing, surfing AND golfing opportunities and organized sporting activities for various ages and skill levels.
- Lunenburg, a World Heritage UNESCO site, the famous Mahone Bay with its three churches, Liverpool (Port of the Privateers!), Peggy's Cove, and numerous quaint and interesting villages and towns, including Bridgewater, as the commercial centre.
- A vibrant artist and artisan community with many offering lessons to those interested in learning new skills and pastimes.
- Museums, Galleries, and Theatres to learn about our areas rich history and gain an appreciation of our talented residents. Not to mention an exciting lineup of annual festivals.
- Shops and restaurants as unique as the people who live here. From antique shops to craft studios, and boutique retail to mainstream "box" stores we have a wonderful mix of businesses. When it comes to dining you won't grow weary of variety as we offer the gamut from pub grub to fine cuisine.
- Of course, the great outdoors is only footsteps away with opportunity and adventure around every corner!
|To learn more about the South Shore and hear firsthand accounts from people who have already decided to Live, Work, and Play here, we invite you to visit WhyHere.ca and view videos of our area.|
Perhaps one of the most important things to realize is that just because you are enjoying a more rural lifestyle doesn't mean that you are far removed from the world. The province's capital city Halifax and our international airport is readily accessible.