Remembrance services 2016
Sites and facilities across Nova Scotia Health Authority are honouring veterans in a number of ways as we approach Remembrance Day, as noted below.
We will also observe a minute of silence at 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 11 to honour the sacrifices of all veterans.
- Camp Hill Veterans Memorial Building, Halifax
Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m. – Candlelight service held, lobby of Camp Hill
Nov. 11, 10:50 a.m. – Service at cenotaph (weather permitting), in lobby in case of poor weather
- Northumberland Veterans Unit, Sutherland Harris Memorial Hospital, Pictou
Nov. 11, 2 p.m.
- Fishermen’s Memorial Hospital, Bridgewater
Nov. 11, 11 a.m. (service) Nov. 11, 2 to 4 p.m. (open house)
- Harbourview Hospital, Sydney Mines
Nov. 10, 6 p.m.
- Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Nov. 5 – Roll call service and meal held for those not able to attend Nov. 11 service at Middleton Community College Cenotaph
- St. Martha’s Hospital, Antigonish
Nov. 4 – Service held
- Taigh Na Mara nursing home, Glace Bay
Nov. 3 – Service held
- Veterans Place, Yarmouth
Nov. 6 – Ceremony held. Residents to attend service at the hockey arena in Yarmouth on Nov. 11.